|At the Hakab Na 2017 wearing a nursing dress. Tandem breastfed these two for 5 months|
August is the National Breastfeeding Awareness Month in the Philippines, a bill authored by Senator Pia Cayetano. All over the country, breastfeeding moms and advocates of breastfeeding celebrate through different festivities such as the Hakab Na, lectures, exhibits, and milk donation drives. As a breastfeeding mom for more than three years now, I have always looked for ways to breastfeed in public discreetly - not that I am ashamed of nursing my children, but to help others not to be uncomfortable around me. To celebrate the breastfeeding month, let me share with you four online stores where I purchased my nursing clothes.
We do not have a helper at home to leave the kids with, and I know many would agree that shopping at the mall with the kids in tow is a disaster-in-waiting. Hurrah to online stores!
Buying through online stores help us, nanny-less moms, to shop in the comfort of our homes, be able to watch over our kids, and save on gas or taxi fares.
Nursing Mommies PH
The very first online store where I bought a nursing dress from is Nursing Mommies PH. At that time in 2015, I have been reading through Facebook about this shop and was very curious about what they have to offer to nursing moms. I needed a nursing attire for my daughter's christening so I opted to buy their nursing dress and another blouse. I already forgot the name of the dress but it was beautiful. I love the fabric as it snuggly tight around my body and it wasn't warm to wear.
I still use the dress just like in the photo above.
|Cotton nursing blouse from Nursing Mommies PH|
This year, I bought from them a nursing blouse which was made of cotton. I find it too big even though the size that I got was the same size as the dress I ordered in 2015.
- Mode of payment includes BPI bank
- very responsive seller
- limited designs
The very first time I ordered at Kaypee Baby was in the summer of 2016. They were very new then and was offering low-priced nursing blouses. My first order was a mixture of awe and disappointment. One of the blouses I ordered was white (which looked really good on the model) priced at 195 pesos, and the other one was a flowy blouse for 99 pesos. I fell in love with the flowy blouse as it was a comfortable fabric that I could wear at home or when I visit the playground. However, the white blouse was a different story. The fabric was too sheer that it took me a year before I was able to wear it - yeah, it took me a year to buy undergarment for it. LOL!
But because of the flowy blouse that was the A-game for me, I ordered again from them in the next 2 years. As of writing, if my memory serves me right, I have ordered 10 nursing blouses from them!
|99 pesos nursing blouse|
- the shopping experience is through a website which eliminates error in orders
- mode of payment includes PayPal, bank, and Cash on Delivery
- very responsive seller
- informs clients on updates of order
- in my recent order, it took them a while to answer my question. I guess because they are now a popular shop, the volume of inquiries had some challenges
I got curious about the nursing dresses that were being sold on Instagram by a few sellers. They had the same photos but the prices differ. I reckon that they are selling for a clothing line that doesn't have a brand name.
After comparing about three players, I chose Cara's Closet. They were offering a wholesale price if I got at least 3 blouses/dresses from them. Also, the shipping fee was lower as compared to the other 2 sellers.
Since the photos were all posted on IG and would not indicate the stocks availability, it took me and the seller a long time before confirming my orders. I had to send A LOT of photos that I liked to buy at my size because the design was either sold-out or my size was unavailable. The very designs I liked first were unavailable and I settled with the third err fourth best thing.
- seller is very responsive
- a discounted price is available for bulk orders
- shipping fee is cheaper compared to other sellers offering the same products
- real-time stocks available were not updated on the photo captions during the time I ordered
- I am not a fan of the fabric used for the dresses (it was too heavy for me)
- the size of the blouse was too small and I am already petite!
The recent online store of nursing tops and dresses that I had a transaction with is Inang's. I have been following them on Shopee but the dresses I wanted to buy did not always have my size. A week ago, I chanced upon them selling live via Facebook. It was an online sale. The blouses and dresses were discounted on that day. Because I really wanted to buy from them, I watched three live sessions just so I could see the products and get first dibs if my size is available. After three hours of watching, I was able to order three items: a nursing blouse, and 2 nursing dresses.
I was aiming at getting dresses since I could use those for formal events. The blouses I have in my closet are fine to be used for mall or doctor visits.
Just this morning, I got my orders after 7 days from ordering.
- they have a wide variety of designs to choose from
- the size was a good fit
- the fabric used had a snuggle fit and was not warm to wear
- mode of payment includes bank
- seller is very honest for any flaws on the product and/or any shortcomings on customer service
- very slow response from seller. It took them 3 days to answer FOR EACH of my message. I am really hoping they can improve the turnaround time for queries since I love their products
- seller does not inform the client of updates on order.
How about you, do you also use nursing clothes to breastfeed baby?
Do you have a favorite online store? Let me know in the comments section!