- big, and I mean BIG - to stash all those mommy essentials as well as my son's items (e.g. baby wipes, mosquito repellent, water bottle, etc.)
- versatile - something I can use when I do groceries or a movie date
- light-weight - with all the items I need to bring (including a folding umbrella!), it would be nice that the bag doesn't weigh too much when it's empty!
- long-lasting - need I say more? It has to last for years!
- Filipino-made - I'd like to help my countrymen and the economy even in my minuscule way
- cost-effective - Not necessarily cheap. I don't usually buy branded items since I've always believed that brand does not always equate to quality (there are exemptions, of course). Sometimes, those products that started small and became big-time had to compromise their quality for the expenses they have incurred from using celebrity endorsers. If I were richer though, yeah, maybe I can have one or two luxury bags. :) But for now, I prefer that the bags I use do not amount to more than the money I have in my wallet.
Shopping for bags before was a great "me time" however since I became a mom, shopping at the mall has become more stressful. When I shop with my family, I can't be the usual meticulous shopper who roams around for at least an hour before making a decision. Now, I have to make sure I have taken a product off the shelf in less than 30 minutes or else my boys would be yawning or hungry. And when I do shop alone, I am always looking at my watch counting the number of hours I have been away and wondering what my mag-ama are doing at the moment. Haay.
Thankfully enterprises have taken their businesses online. It is now easy and convenient for stay-at-home moms like me to browse and shop. One of these enterprises is the Filipino-owned Sunshine and Citrus.
Sunshine & Citrus bags is owned by student-entrepreneur, Gabby Suzara, and manufactured by Donna Mendiola-Gaddi. Their bags are stylish, functional, and offers a wide variety of styles.
Here are my personal favorites:
Did you know that aside from purchasing these beautiful pieces, you can also start your own business with just 5K?
Sunshine & Citrus is now offering an opportunity for you to start your own bag business. For only Php 5,000, you can get 15 pieces of bags (choose among Ady, Martha, Milaflor, and Andrea bags) that you can use to start.
For interested parties, you may get in touch with Sunshine & Citrus at 0916 7730171 or email email@example.com.
Sunshine & Citrus Facebook store: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SunshineCitrus/355256861319779