In celebration of the National Pasta Month, I whipped up spaghetti this week. I've learned a lot about pasta and how to handle them from the media event of Doña Elena that I attended last weekend. Armed with new knowledge that I've applied on this dish, I'm happy with the results on my plate - and the Hubby and the baby are happy, too.
500g Doña Elena Al Dente Spaghetti
4 slices bacon, chopped
Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
400g chicken breast fillet, sliced into strips
1/2 cup Jolly Eats Mushroom, sliced
2 packs of All-purpose cream
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons quick-melt cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry bacon in its own oil.
2. Add pure olive oil and saute garlic, onion, chicken, and mushrooms.
3. Add all-purpose cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add basil leaves and quick-melt cheese. Turn off heat.
5. Mix with cooked spaghetti noodles. Top with cheddar cheese.
- You can also add spinach leaves to the sauce to make it healthier.
- Add the oil on the spaghetti noodles only AFTER it was cooked not before or while boiling it.