Unlike Little V who had a big birthday party on his first birthday, we opted to have an intimate one for Baby Z's first. A homemade party would have been our first choice but we live in a small house and even if we invite just our immediate families from both sides, we would not fit. My husband and I came from big families and if all came to our house, we'd be like sardines in a can. LOL!
A staycation with the rest of the family was the next best option. We had a few stays before at Discovery Suites so this was also our chosen venue for the celebration.
Z's birthday falls on a Monday so we just had a pre-birthday party a day before so that our families can attend.
Even though our guests would just be family members, I wanted Z's birthday to have a theme. I've browsed the net and looked for the perfect theme for her and also considered the props that will be needed. I had a strict budget and I made sure to workaround it.
Z's real names mean "lively" and "blessing" and she lives up to them. She is our little sunshine who brightens up our home. This made me choose a sunshine-themed party for her first birthday.
Here were our suppliers:
1. Popcorn boxes and paper straws from Wonderbake PH @wonderbakeph
2. Fondant cake from a home baker friend (her name on FB is Dons Teodoro). I searched the net and gave her the design I wanted for the cake. The cake weighed almost 3 kilos. It looked so beautiful and the taste was so heavenly. She was also the one who made the Christening cake of Z last year. For this 8-inch 1 layered cake she charges 1500-1700 pesos only depending on the design. Sobrang affordable! She also makes cupcakes.
3. Donuts from Go Nuts Donuts. Our baker's child got sick so she wasn't able to prepare cupcakes for us so we used donuts instead.
4. Candies from Merkado Supermarket
5. Popcorn from Chef Tonys. My favorite is White Chocolate with Parmesan
6. Small balloons (that we shaped into a number 1) and fabric as tablecloth from Market!Market!
7. big smiling sun balloon, small letter standees, pink bunting, paper plates and cups bought online through Binondo Pabili (IG:@binondopabili)
8. Venue is a 3-bedroom suites at Discovery Suites Ortigas
9. Pre-birthday photo shoot of Baby Z by Great Image SM North Edsa
10. Toppers design taken from the net, printed and cut at home. I used paper straws as pole for the candies and popcorn tubs. For the donut toppers, I printed and pasted smiling sun images on the regular cupcake toppers from National Bookstore.
11. Paper Fan Display - DIY
My sister also made a banner that we placed by the mirror.
On the other hand, the hotel gave a cake and banner as well for Z.
|Z's sunny birthday cake|
Our celebration was during lunch so Hubby and my brother-in-law cooked, my mom brought pancit Malabon, and then we had barbecue, sweet and sour fish, and pichi-pichi delivered by Amber. For dessert (aside from what's on the dessert table), Hubby bought ice cream from SM Megamall.
We also had a cake for Little V, and his aunts and uncles had gifts for him simply because he had been a great big brother to his sister. We also wanted him to feel that he is loved and not left behind on his sister's birthday party.
Our design was simple like our event and I liked it just like that.
Anyone planning a party soon?